Ardlussa Distillery

Back to previous page
General
Pronunciation
Translation
Region Campbeltown
Distiller
Owner
Address Campbeltown
Scotland
Telephone
LatLong
Altitude
Grid Reference
Website
E-mail
Open to public
Remarks
Situated on Glebe Street adjacent to the Glen Nevis Distillery
The last distillery to be built in Campbeltown

History
1879
Built by the Ardlussa Distillery Co., partners being James Ferguson & Sons, also owners of the Craighouse Distillery at Jura
1910
Company owned by James Ferguson & Co. Ltd.
1915
Head office at Greenock
1919
Acquired by West Highland Malt Distilleries Ltd., a consortium led by Robertson & Baxter, from James Ferguson & Sons
1923
Distillery silent
....
Premises were put up for sale at auction, unsuccessfully
1926-27
Liquidated
1936
Warehouses and nearby Glen Nevis Distillery was bought by a new company and converted into a blending and bottling plant. This was short lived
2005
Site used as a yard by the MacFadyen's contracting company



Sources used