Benmore Distillery

Back to previous page
General
Pronunciation
Translation
Region Campbeltown
Distiller
Owner
Address Campbeltown
Scotland
Telephone
LatLong
Altitude
Grid Reference
Website
E-mail
Open to public
Remarks
Situated on Saddell Street

History
1868
Built by Bulloch, Lade & Co., who also owned Camlachie Distillery in Glasgow and Caol Ila Distillery on Islay
1896
Incorporated as a limited company
1920
Distillery sold to Benmore Distilleries Ltd. (also owners of Lochhead, Lochindaal and Dallas Dhu)
1927
Silent
1929
Acquired by the Distilleries Company Ltd. (DCL)
1936-May
Site was sold to the Craig Brothers who converted it into the central bus garage for West Coast Motors



Sources used