Burnside Distillery

Back to previous page
General
Pronunciation
Translation
Region Campbeltown
Distiller
Owner
Address Campbeltown
Scotland
Telephone
LatLong
Altitude
Grid Reference
Website
E-mail
Open to public
Remarks
Situated on Witchburn Road behind Meadowburn Distillery

History
1825
Founded by McMurchy, Ralston & Co.. The original partners in the firm were: Alexander and Hugh Greenlees, maltsters; James Ryburn, baker; John Colvill, saddler and Robert McMurchy
1828
Dissolved. Robert McMurchy left the partnership
by 1840
The company belonged to Colvill & Greenlees, who also owned Argyll Distillery
....
Reconstituted and continued at least until 1910
1888
The distillery had a downturn following the death of managing partner James Greenlees and the business was offered for sale at £4,000
> WWI
The distillery remained silent after WWI
1919
A plan to convert the distillery into a creamery was proposed to the council
1923
Burnside Distillery Co.
c. 1924
Silent from c. 1924 and converted into a creamery
2005
Still a creamery



Sources used