Dalaruan Distillery

Back to previous page
General
Pronunciation
Translation
Region Campbeltown
Distiller
Owner
Address
Telephone
LatLong
Altitude
Grid Reference
Website
E-mail
Open to public
Remarks
Situated on Broad Street, Dalintober

History
1825-c.1910
Built by Charles Colville and originaly set up as David Colvill & Co., David Colville being Charles Colville’s grandson. The other partner was Daniel Greenlees, who was also partner in Hazelburn Distillery
1838
John McMurchy of Burnside Distillery also became a partner
c.1910
Incorporated as a limited company
....
The Colvilles sold out to a group of London publicans who tried to make their own blended Scotch, only to be hit by the slump in whisky sales
1922
Distillery silent
1925-Apr-08
The entire 22,500 gallon spirit stock in the Dalaruan and Glengyle warehouses was auctioned
....
The distillery was demolished
1938
A housing area named Parliament Place was completed on the site



Sources used