Glendullan Distillery

Back to previous page
General
Pronunciation glen’dullan Pronunciation
Translation
Region Highlands / Speyside
Distiller
Owner
Address
Telephone
LatLong 57° 26’ 56” N   03° 07’ 11” W
Altitude
Grid Reference NJ329404
Website
E-mail
Open to public
Remarks

History
1897-98
Built by William Williams & Sons Ltd., blenders of Aberdeen
1919
Renamed Macdonald, Greenlees & Williams (Distillers) Ltd. when Greenlees Brothers Ltd. (already merged with Alexander & Macdonald Ltd.) absorbed
1925
Reorganized as MacDonald Greenlees Ltd.
1926
Taken over by the Distillers Company Ltd. (DCL)
1930
Transferred to Scottish Malt Distillers Ltd. (SMD)
1962
Rebuilt. Two stills, which became steamheated
1972
New distillery with six stills was added
1985
Old distillery closed, now used as United Malt & Grain Distillers Ltd. (UMGD) maintenance workshops
1992
Licensed to Macdonald, Greenlees Ltd.



Sources used