Glenugie Distillery

Back to previous page
General
Pronunciation
Translation
Region Highlands
Distiller
Owner
Address
Telephone
LatLong 57° 29’ 16” N   01° 47’ 35” W
Altitude
Grid Reference NK125442
Website
E-mail
Open to public
Remarks

History
early 1830s
First records of the Glenugie Distillery
1837
The distillery was converted into a brewery
1873
The brewery was converted back again into a distillery
1879
The owning compnay was wound up
1925
Distillery closed
1937
Distillery reopened when it was taken over by Seagar Evans
1970
Seagar Evans became Long John International
1975
Long John International was taken over by Whitbread & Co.
....
Distillery sold to a consortium of oil men who were unable to make a success of it
1983
Distillery closed
....
Distillery demolished



Sources used