Lochside Distillery

Back to previous page
General
Pronunciation
Translation
Region Campbeltown
Distiller
Owner
Address
Telephone
LatLong
Altitude
Grid Reference
Website
E-mail
Open to public
Remarks
Situated behind Robert Armour & Sons, plumbers, on Longrow

History
1830-36
Built by Gilkinson, McKersie & Co.. Original partners were Peter Gilkinson, William Hunter and William McKersie when dissolved
1836
Gilkinson, McKersie & Co. dissolved
....-1852
Continued by Gilkinson & Hunter, at least until 1852, after McKersie retired and Peter Hunter, William Hunter’s son, became partner
< 1852
Distillery closed, which makes it one of the shortest-lived distilleries in Campbeltown
2005
The site is now a garage



Sources used