Parkmore Distillery

Back to previous page
General
Pronunciation park’moore
Translation
Region Highlands / Speyside
Distiller
Owner
Address
Telephone
LatLong 57° 27’ 16.0” N   03° 07’ 10.0” W
Altitude 135 m
Grid Reference NJ329410
Website
E-mail
Open to public
Remarks

History
1894
Built by the Parkmore Distillery Co.
c.1900
Taken over by James Watson & Co. Ltd., Dundee
1923
James Watson & Co. Ltd., Dundee acquired by John Dewar & Sons Ltd.
1925
Passed to the Distillers Company Ltd. (DCL)
1930
Transferred to Scottish Malt Distillers Ltd. (SMD)
1931
Silent
1940
Licensed to Daniel Crawford & Son Ltd.. Now used as warehouses and stores. Externally the most perfect survivor of the late 1890s boom in distilleries
1988
Closed and sold to Highland Distillers plc



Sources used