St Magdalene Distillery

Back to previous page
General
Pronunciation
Translation
Region Lowlands
Distiller
Owner
Address
Telephone
LatLong 55° 58’ 36” N   03° 35’ 28” W
Altitude
Grid Reference NT008771
Website
E-mail
Open to public
Remarks

History
1797
First recorded licensed distiller was Adam Dawson
end of 18th century
Estalished and built on the site of a hospital with the same name
1894
A. & J. Dawson was incorporated and extended and modernized the distillery
1912
Acquired by Distillers Company Ltd. (DCL) after Dawson went into liquidation and became part of the newly established Scottish Malt Distillers (SMD). They made radical improvements to the distillery
1927
Most of the distillery complex was electrified
> WWII Production resumed
1983
Distillery closed



Sources used